Welcome contacters, movers, artists and curious people!
We hope to see you in this new and full of new ideas festival dedicated to contact, movement, improvisation and the arts.
The location we have chosen is a wonderful place in Greece beside the sea, full of greenery, sand, sun, and shadow.
In this festival the objective is for everyone to have new experiences and explore different ways of perceiving and acting.
The idea is to offer to participants an opportunity to study Contact Improvisation, as well as to discover how the body interacts with art forms including: painting, sculpture, voice, the Zen way of being and acting, the exploration of energy, the performing arts and the natural habitat. The aim is to explore different capacities and possibilities that exists in us to add in this way new ideas and experiences about dance, movement, expression, communication, knowledge of our bodies, and of our creativity.
Note: To participate to the festival you don’t have to be dancers or professional artists since the festival is aimed at people who want to experiment with art and movement regardless of whether they have prior experience.
The goal is to explore different skills and capabilities that exist within us and enjoy!
Why call it the “Jam of Arts” festival?
We believe that human nature still has much to offer us, has a very big knowledge and wisdom. With this festival we will try to research and journey through this nature.
We believe that the arts coexist in human beings in a unique way and that the body and the human beings acts through arts--or at least they should.
Everybody can explore this "body knowledge" using the mind in different ways, expanding ways of perceiving ourselves, the space around us, our nature and our lives.
With this in view, this festival will offer new experiences by exploring different modes of perceiving and acting.
Study (through “Contact Improvisation,” as well as different art forms) other possibilities and capacities in us and in this way add new tools in us as “movers” and maybe use them in our jams and life.
For this reason our various teachers each provide different skills and viewpoints on their artistic specializations--their ways of exploring human nature.
It is a collection of different people, with different expertise and different styles where we can all learn from each other and teach one another!
So you are welcome to enjoy this adventure with us in this beautiful place!
Altogether we invited 9 teachers and artists carefully selected because of their studies, experiences and who can fit perfectly with the purpose of Jam of Arts festival.
- Ka Rustler, teacher of contact improvisation and the human body and its possibilities (6 lessons)
- Kostas Gerardos, teacher of contact improvisation and contemporary dance technique (3 lessons)
- Pasquale Shuten Esposito, a Zen monk who will explain how Zen monks think and live through the improvisation as a way of living (3 lessons)
- Angeliki Avgitidou, visual and performance artist (3 lessons)
- Fernando Alberto Cabreras, painter, dancer, plastic artist improviser (3 lessons)
- Ippokratis Veneris, contact improvisation and physical dance improviser-choreographer (2 lessons)
- Aliki Dourmazer, voice and body improviser (2 lessons)
- Panagiotis Tsetsonis, Thai Massage practitioner and dancer (3 lessons)
- Dimitris Raptis, dancer-teacher of improvisation and interaction with objects (1 lesson)
We have choosen a wonderful place next to the sea, full of green, grass, trees, sand, sun and shadow.
The festival is going to be next to the protected natural area Biotopos Epanomis where during the winter lives thousands of birds.
You can see the names of the more than 170 birds species living in the place, scrolling down this link (our area is on the left part of the red triangle)
We have also added 2 photo galleries of the place.
One is a close view of the place and the other is a gallery of airphotos of all the area where we are going to be.